Cashier is a concept with several uses. The term, which derives from the Latin capsarius, can be used to name the individual who handles a box (the place or machine where values, especially money) are kept in a commercial establishment. Something automatic, on the other hand, works partly or totally on its own.
According to abbreviationfinder, the idea of an ATM, in this way, refers to a machine capable of performing certain functions of a bank worker in charge of a cash register. To use these devices, it is usually necessary to insert a magnetic card together with a password that guarantees the customer’s security, although some of the operations do not require the use of the card.
Once the user has already been identified in the system of the ATM card and password, you can start trading with your bank account. For this you must give instructions to the machine using a keyboard or by pressing the options indicated on the computer screen. In this way, the customer has the possibility of requesting the ATM to give him cash or to show him the latest movements that he has carried out in the account, for example.
Automatic teller machines, which are also often called ATMs by the acronym that corresponds to the expression in the English language “Automated Teller Machine”, ultimately allow certain banking operations to be carried out without the intervention of the entity’s personnel. In general, since they have a printer, it is possible to obtain a printed document that records the operation carried out.
Among the many operations that we can perform with the help of an ATM are the following:
* update our savings book, something that is not used in all countries;
* withdraw cash from our bank or debit account, one of the most common operations;
* manage account passwords, whether we want to remember or change them;
* buy and collect tickets for different events, according to the promotions that the bank makes available to its customers;
* recharge transportation vouchers, telephone cards and cash cards (a micro-payment system used for purchases of low amounts that require security and speed);
* deposit money in the account, previously placing it in an envelope that the cashier himself delivers to the customer with the pertinent indications;
* make transfers, both national and international;
* pay for utilities.
Among the advantages offered by ATMs are the possibility of carrying out operations beyond bank hours (and even during weekends) and the savings that banks mean by not having to hire personnel to provide these services. One of its disadvantages, on the other hand, is the degree of security: while within the facilities of a bank customers have trained personnel to defend them from potential attacks, ATMs are usually found on public roads, so they are not They offer no protection.
ATMs are a necessary element in everyday life, although less and less in more advanced cities. Although they offer us the possibility of having cash at any time, in many different geographical points, the truth is that the marked trend towards the use of digital transactions and the volume of adoption that credit and debit cards have had in the In recent years, there are no longer many stores in which we have to pay in cash. In fact, buses in certain countries operate with NFC technology, which detects devices at a short distance and allows payments even with a mobile phone.