Palermo University. Argentine institution of higher education, private, non-profit, secular, multidisciplinary and integrated into its region and the world. Its mission is to educate, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, investigate and provide services to its academic community and society.
Headquarters and locations
With an urban campus located in the heart of Buenos Aires, UP is located in one of the most vibrant and culturally rich cities in Latin America. The University is located in the neighborhood of Palermo, a pole of innovation, trends and entrepreneurship.
- Mario Bravo 1050
- Mario Bravo 1259
- Av Madero 942 8th Floor
- Ecuador 931* Jean Jaures 932/6
- Larrea 1079
- Mario Bravo 1302
- Cabrera 3507
- Cabrera 3641
- Av Cordoba 3501
- Friends Club sports center
- Economic Sciences
- Graduate School of Business
- social Sciences
- Design and Communication
The University of Palermo maintains a constant commitment to the creation and transfer of knowledge. It disseminates, through different publications, innovative content with a great social impact. Among many others, artificial intelligence, neurosciences, higher education, and human rights are some of the recent areas of research.
Vision and mission
Within the framework of the regulations of private universities in our country, the University of Palermo thus developed its institutional and pedagogical project based on the Vision and Mission that are explained below.
Its academic community, committed to the future of the University, shares the vision that the University of Palermo is:
- Autonomous university, conceived as an institutional sphere with academic, scientific and economic independence, free from any power and ideological, political or religious influence.
- University that upholds the democratic principles of equality and freedom, respect for human rights, ethics and justice, practices of tolerance and respect for cultural diversity and that rejects all forms of discrimination.
- University integrated in its environment, whose conception transcends geographical borders, which extends its relations, exchanges and activities to the rest of the world, which affirms the urgent need for interaction of cultures and which participates in the growing internationalization.
- University that seeks knowledge as an end in itself and also to be applied for the benefit of societyand those who possess it.
- University where ideas are developed and discussed freely in a motivating environment for study, creation and achievement.
- University immersed in the constant change and explosion of knowledgethat characterize the contemporary world, capable of anticipating them and becoming a positive agent of these transformations.
- University with an interdisciplinary vocation, which does not limit its field of action and reflection, in which various disciplines coexist that encompass culture in a broad sense and which is made up of the humanities, the arts, the social sciences, the basic sciences and technology.
- University whose primary purpose is to provide higher level and quality education, focusing on the subject who learns with the purpose of strengthening their abilities to the maximum; a university that offers training options, both under the model of professional education and liberal education – which encompasses various modalities and levels – through flexible teaching processes that respect the right of each student to develop their personal project.
- University that trains educated men and women, both efficient professionals and teachers and researchers, specialists or generalists with leadership, cooperation, creativity and autonomy, with the ability to understand the global and technological context and committed to ethics and continuous personal improvement.
- University that provides services to its internal and external community, to institutions, to individuals and also to organizations and companies that make up the economic fabric, always seeking to satisfy their needs.
- University that contributes to expanding knowledge, fostering technological, academic and professional development, stimulating the emergence and dissemination of ideas, promoting research and encouraging creation, generating innovation in [teaching] processes , in such a way that they help identify and resolve issues that concern and affect society, contributing to the achievement of peace, sustainable developmentand the improvement of the human condition.
The University of Palermo, within the philosophical framework that provides the vision of its future and the principles set forth in it, has as its missions: To educate, teach at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, investigate and provide services to its academic community and to the society. Its primary purpose is to provide quality education, focusing on the learner with the purpose of strengthening their abilities to the maximum and, on a social level, contributing to the expansion of knowledge, the dissemination of ideas, the integration of culture, the globalization of higher education and the change of the contemporary world in pursuit of the improvement of the human condition.
Library and Professional Development Department
Recognized as one of the most complete and modern in the Argentine university system, the library is the center of the university’s academic activities. Its collection is directly accessed through the automated online catalog and open shelving system.
Department of Professional Development
The DDP serves as a link between companies and students and graduates, whom it accompanies in the process of professional development. It provides access to specific job requests from leading companies and annually organizes the Business Fair.
Executives from the world of human resources offer workshops and seminars on professional skills, and graduates participate in simulated interviews, in which they strengthen their insertion profile in the labor market.